Strength Training: Amazing Benefits and 4 Easy-to-do Exercises
Strength training helps you develop endurance by building muscle mass. Strength training or weight training, also known as resistance training, forms an integral part of your workout routine to gain muscle strength.
Resistance training can be done by working against resistance, such as body weight, dumbbells, or resistance bands. Strength training is a popular way of training at gyms while you can still perform the exercises at your home with basic or no pieces of equipment required.
In the information below, we will be discussing the significant benefits of strength training and four easy-to-do exercises.
Significant Benefits of Strength Training
- Reduces body fat percentage
- Build lean muscle mass
- Boosts your metabolism
- It helps in weight loss
- Improves flexibility
- Enhances the range of motion
- Improve the cognitive ability of the brain
- Enhances the posture, stability, and balance
- Eliminates stress by releasing endorphins
Four Easy to do Exercises for Strength Training
These 4 exercises we list here mainly work the upper body, you can also click here to check out the workouts targetting glutes and legs.
The planks is a great body-weight exercise to work on your core strength and stability. It also strengthens the muscles of your shoulder, chest, and back.
- Rest the entire body weight on your forearms and toes
- Keep your buttocks squeezed and core engaged
- Make sure your entire body is parallel to the floor
- Start with 10 to 20secs of holding the position
- Gradually level up to one minute or more
It's a basic exercise but different to perform correctly. It majorly works on the muscles of your chest but also engages the shoulders, triceps, and abs.
- Place your palms directly under your shoulders while starting in the plank position
- Keep your core engaged and keep the back straight. Lower your body by bending your elbows
- Now squeeze your chest, and push your body back to the starting position with the help of your palm pressure
- Try the kneel down push-up variant if you are unable to do even one single pushup
- Always remember that form is more important than reps
3. Dumbbell Shoulder Press
It mainly builds strength in your shoulders and arms and engages your core and chest muscles.
- Stand comfortably with your feet shoulder-distance apart, or lie on a workout bench.
- Grab a pair of adjustable dumbbells and raise them to the shoulder level with your palms facing front
- Now focus on your shoulders, and extend your arms above the head till they are fully extended
- Pause for a few secs and return to the original position
- You can work the variations of shoulder press for advanced exercises.
4. Resistance Band Pull-Apart
Resistance bands are an excellent tool for performing strength training exercises. The resistance band pull-apart works on your arms, shoulder, and back muscles.
- Hold a resistance band between both your hands
- Raise your arms in front of your chest while holding the band
- Pull the band apart while keeping the back straight
- Squeeze your shoulder and keep your spine straight in the middle while performing the activity
The Bottom Line
These 4 exercises are a surefire way to reap the extensive benefits of strength training. These exercises require zero or a minimum number of pieces of fitness equipment, and if you wish to purchase one, you can check our store.
Leave a comment