Expect for Minions, loads people love bananas. Taylor Swift even cries over a banana post-surgery. Bananas deserve it because they are really easy to peel, and people do not need to wash them before eating, which is important to someone!
"Bananas are known as the happy fruit as they contain tryptophan, which is converted to serotonin in the body and is believed to help you relax, enhance your mood, and feel happy in general," explained Pratima Mishra from Columbia Asia Hospital. According to MedlinePlus, tryptophan also helps to regulate sleep. Though sweets and chocolates have a similar impact on mental health, the banana is a much healthier choice with lower calories. Yet, bananas can not only bring a happy mood, they provide a wealth of health benefits that help boost energy, prevent some illnesses, and keep fit.
1. Boost energy immediately and substantially
A 100 grams banana (a medium-sized banana) contains up to 14.6g of natural sugars (sucrose, fructose, and glucose) and fiber. It only has 89 calories, which is one-third of that of 100g bread. Besides, it has a medium glycaemic index (GI), allowing people to intake and absorb energy immediately and sustainably. Therefore, bananas are ideal supplement energy food for fitness, sports athletes, and other people with high physical labor. Research has proven that just one banana provides enough energy for a strenuous 45-minute workout.
*Notice: Due to its medium GI, the banana is not that suitable for a diabetic. It causes a gradual rise in blood sugar levels over time after eating a banana, but it may still be too rapid for diabetics.
2. Prevent cramp and cardiovascular diseases
Bananas are frequently seen in athletes' bags as they can not only prevent hypoglycemia but activate nerve functions and muscles with the work of potassium they contain. Bananas are rich in potassium. A medium banana provides 450 milligrams, which is 13% of people’s daily needs. Potassium-rich foods help decrease the risk of cardiovascular diseases since potassium functions well to lower your blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels and excreting sodium. People who intake much salt (many Americans do) would benefit from eating bananas.
3. Help ease off when eating and keep fit
Bananas make it easier for overweight people to begin a healthy diet. With rich natural sugars and rich fiber, bananas are recommended to take before every meal or even be a part of the meal. It does good on increasing satiety, eating slower, cutting down the intake of high-calorie foods, and as a result, keeping fit. After all, bananas can be one of the sweetest and most delicious healthy foods.
Here is an easy banana pudding recipe for you. Go have a try!
Photo: Youtube@Preppy Kitchen
1. Combine 2 cups whole milk, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, and 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix in a large mixing bowl. Whisk them thoroughly until there are no lumps. Get the bowl refrigerated for at least 5 min. and wait to use it.
2. Combine 2 cups heavy cream, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons sugar together in another bowl. Beat them until you see a stiff peak at the top of the whisk.
3. Cut bananas into thin coins. We recommend 3 bananas, but it is up to you.
4. Gently fold the whipped cream into the pudding. You may also save some cream for the top deco at the end.
5. Cover the bottom of a 3-quart trifle or a square container with wafer cookies. Pour a quarter of the pudding mixture on it. Add a layer of bananas slices. Then another pudding mixture. Sprinkle a layer of bananas and cookies. Cover with pudding mixture. End it with a mound of whipped cream on top.
That’s all! You may cut down the quantity of cookies and sweetened condensed milk to get a healthier sweet. Or, you can enjoy it as it should be but take an-hour-workout at home later!