We all have that dream desire to get that perfect beach body, right? Trying to get that hourglass shape can be a daunting task in itself. It gets much more challenging to have a thinner waist. Unfortunately, there is no magic exercise that can instantly burn belly fat.
However, we have curated a list of a few exercises that can surely help you train better and work towards a slimmer waistline.
1. Side Planks
- Lean on one side of your body.
- Keep your shoulder head and feet in a straight line.
- Keep your body straight with your elbows bent just beneath the shoulder.
- Hold this position for about 30s and repeat for 2-3 times.
2. Russian Twists
- Lie down comfortably with your back flat on a yoga mat.
- Bend and raise your knees with feet just hovering about the ground.
- Now with your torso lift your body at 45 degrees above the ground.
- Slowly twist your torso to one side with your arms straight and raised.
- You can upscale your resistance by holding an adjustable dumbbells.
- Make sure you are not compromising with the correct form and movement while adding the weights. If that is the case try reducing the weights.
3. Shoulder Taps
- Keep your body in a high plank position and have your feet a little bit wider.
- Make sure your arms are straight with shoulders directly over your wrists.
- Keep your body in a straight line from head to toe position.
- Do not bend your back and hold the position for a few sec.
- Now when you feel comfortable lift your right hand to tap your left shoulder.
- Do this movement repeatedly alternating the hands.
4. Banded Bridges
- Lie down on the ground comfortably with your face up.
- Put your heels as close to the hips.
- Maintain a shoulder-width apart distance between the heels.
- Wrap a mini resistance band around your thighs.
- Now lift your hips above the ground while keeping your shoulder blades on the floor.
- Make sure your back is straight while lifting the body to avoid any injuries.
5. Waist Hooping
- Stand comfortably with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the hula hoop in a comfortable position.
- Keep your knees bent a bit to bring your waist closer to the hula hoop.
- Start the movement while keeping the chest straight.
- Keep spinning the hoop by moving your belly back and forth using your hips.
- If the hoop starts to fall increase the speed to keep it at the same level.
The Bottom Line
All the above exercises are only going t give the desired results when combined with the right diet intake. Make sure you are in a caloric deficit to lose fat from the body. There is no such thing as spot reduction for any portion of the body, but training a specific location regularly can undoubtedly improve the muscles around it, making fat burning easier.
All the exercises mentioned above should be done under the supervision of your trainer initially. Always remember more than the reps it is the correct form that matters more.
Allie McCarty Parker
I Want to fit my bely