It's mid-summer, a perfect time for vacation! Meanwhile, it's time to work on those glutes, and you will look fabulous in your bikini! A healthy diet is not enough to get strong and toned glutes. Including a good butt workout routine into your exercise schedule will help shape your hip, improve your overall posture and help reduce back and knee pain. While there are plenty of exercises, choosing the right ones will give you results faster. Here are four exercises to help you grow a tighter, stronger, and toned butt.
1. Lateral Lunge With Reach
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, and toes pointed forward.
- Step sideways with your right leg, allowing your right knee to bend.
- Keep your left leg straight. Reach to the front of your right foot with your left arm without rounding your back.
- Keep your right arm aligned with your back and hips.
- Repeat the same on your left side.
- Advanced, you can hold dumbbells in hands to increase the resistance.
2. Dumbbell Donkey Kick
This exercise works your glutes, hamstrings, core, back and shoulders.
- Get down on your hands and knees.
- Choose a dumbbell with a lightweight, and position it at the crease at the back of your left knee.
- Keep a 90-degree angle at the knee to ensure the dumbbell stays in place.
- Lift your left leg out behind you so your knee is off the ground to your hip level. Meanwhile, keep your glutes tight.
- Repeat the same on your right side.
3. Goblet Squat
The goblet squat is an excellent workout for your butt, leg, and core.
- Take a kettlebell or a dumbbell and position it at your chest level. Your hands should be under each edge of the dumbbell to hold the weight.
- Position your feet a little bit wider than shoulder-width apart with your toes turning out slightly.
- Sink your hip deep down, pushing your hips back and bending your knees. Meanwhile, keep your upper body erect.
- Once you get to the bottom, exhale. Reverse the movement and return to your starting position.
- Begin with doing 10 reps a day.
4. Dumbbell Hip Thrust
It is an advanced exercise for glute bridge, which trains your glute, hamstrings, and lower back with more tension.
- Sit on the floor or a yoga mat with your feet flat and shoulder-width apart.
- Tuck your chin and squeeze your core. Your knees, hips, and feet should be in line.
- Hold your dumbbell on your hip bones. Extend your hips and squeeze your butt.
- Pause for one second and come back down.
- Repeat the motion 8-12 reps a set.
The Bottom Line
You can incorporate the exercises into your full body regimen to tone your glute muscles. If done regularly and correctly, these exercises will give you the desired results.
Start by slowly but consistently including each exercise into your workout schedule. These exercises will not only shape your butt but also strengthen your core and lower body muscles :)