Tofu is the most loved vegan ingredient. It is rich in protein, but more importantly, it is a part of a wide variety of tasty vegan treats that quickly become meat-lovers’ too.
The best thing about Tofu has to be how creative it lets you be. Sandwiches, soups, wings, stir-frys, and grilled skewers; Tofu can enhance the flavor of any vegetarian dish as a protein source.
This article brings you the best Tofu recipes that will make you become a vegan if you aren’t one already!
1. Tofu Scramble
Here is the best scrambled-egg substitute for vegetarians:
- Drain the tofu (firm tofu is recommended) well by adding a few layers of paper towel over it and then keeping it under some weight for a while.
- In a bowl, whisk together turmeric, salt, chipotle, garlic powder, onion powder, and tahini in your desired amounts with a tablespoon of nutritional yeast. Add half a cup of plant-based milk and make it a nice sauce.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat in a frying pan. Add the drained and pressed Tofu and fry for at least 5 to 7 minutes, or until each side turns brown.
- Add the eggy sauce to the pan. Fold and stir till each piece of tofu is coated sufficiently with the sauce.
- Finish your tofu scramble with a pinch of salt.
2. Tofu Pickle Sandwich
- Freeze the Tofu overnight. Before making your sandwich, let the frozen tofu thaw naturally.
- Take a container with pickle juice. Place the sliced Tofu so that it completely submerges in the juice.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Tofu batter and coating. Mix flour, plant-based milk, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, paprika, and salt in a bowl. Add your bread crumbs to a separate dish.
- Take the Tofu out of the pickle juice and pat it dry. And coat it with the batter and bread crumbs.
- In an air fryer or on a baking sheet, let the Tofu fry or bake till it gets golden brown and crispy.
- Serve it with a bun alongside your favorite sauce, such as vegan mayo, and some fresh vegetables such as lettuce and tomatoes.
3. Tofu Wings
- Cut your Tofu into symmetrical sticks, and preheat your oven to 400-420 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a batter by mixing corn starch, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Add half a cup of plant-based milk to a separate bowl. And finally, add bread crumbs to a shallower bowl or a dish.
- Coat the tofu wings with the dry batter, milk, and bread crumbs.
- Put each tofu wing on the baking sheet for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with buffalo sauce.
The Bottom Line
These three Tofu recipes are the easiest to make in your home kitchen and the best to enjoy as meals and snacks. It is now no more than a misconception that meat is the secret behind the taste of a meal. Tofu satisfies the taste buds, brings in protein, and goes with all the meals of the day.
Next to read: 6 Healthiest Items You Can Find on Subway